}

Monday 31 March 2014

See By Chloe Dupe...


I
L-R See By Chloe and L'eau Rose By Next.

I am a huge fan of Chloe perfumes so when I recently found a dupe for one of my favourite scents, I was soooo excited and I have to share it with you. High end cosmetics and fragrances are overpriced, there's no two ways about it. So, I like to help you guys out and let you all know when I find affordable gems. Because who doesn't love a bargain?

The dupe is 'L'eau Rose' from Next. I must say, I have never encountered a perfume that smells as close to the original as this one. Even I can't tell the difference (I'm serious!) The only difference is in the staying power. The Chloe one lasts longer than the Next one, but they are both eau de parfum so both last for a long time anyway.

A bit more about the original...I have the 50ml edp bottle and it cost £52. The fragrance is an addictive floral scent. The first sparkling notes of bergamot stir the senses. In an accord of apple blossom, the grace of jasmine caresses this natural seductress with sensual notes of sandalwood and vanilla. This is more sensual than the original Chloe which leans more towards the Rosy side. The bottle is quite simple and diddy, which I like and it is available in 30ml and 75ml bottles also. I absolutely LOVE this fragrance so I was overjoyed to find a dupe which is much more affordable, very similar and a long lasting eau de parfum scent. 

See By Chloe.

Now, onto the dupe. I actually had no idea what this would smell like. I sprayed it while I was queueing up in Next because it had 'rose' in the title and I love fragrances with rose in. I may have let out a rather loud shriek when I smelled it and instantly likened it to my 'See By Chloe'. Let's face it, Chloe ain't cheap so if I find a dupe for it that happens to be eau de parfum too, I will get excited and not care about the looks I'll receive from other shoppers in store. I excitedly selected the biggest bottle - 100ml and took it to the till. This cost a mere £12!! That's £40 cheaper than the Chloe one AND you get 50ml more fragrance! (winning!) L'eau Rose is described as ''Fresh and floral, this fragrance combines citrus notes with crushed petals upon a base of soft sandalwood''. I can't find the full list of notes used but they have got to be similar or the same!

L'eau Rose By Next.

The bottle is pretty and larger than the Chloe one. It has a glamorous and quite chic look about it. I really like the pink and clear ombre effect and the box is lovely too (Which I have misplaced).

L'eau Rose By Next.

There is a smaller bottle available and a roller ball version too.

I've got to say, I am blown away by this fragrance. The quality of the scent, the packaging and the price make this a winner. I will be repurchasing this as it's unlikely I will be forking out £52 to repurchase the Chloe one. I think I may get a back up sooner rather than later though, in case Next discontinue this.

If you are a fan of See By Chloe, Chloe fragrances in general or floral/rosy scents, I highly recommend you give this a sniff. It is truly beautiful. It is available Here

If you want to give See By Chloe a try, I got mine Here


What do you think? 
Which one would you try? 

Leave me a comment if you've tried them or are going to. Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Purchased for sister's birthday gift so's I can use it too. You are a baaaad influence Jude Judy ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome emma! Did she like it? Did you like it? x

      Delete