}

Monday 22 September 2014

Beauty: A D.I.Y London Fashion Week Inspired Highlight...



Hello and welcome back to my blog. I hope you are all well? 

Unless you have been hiding under a rock, you'll know that London Fashion Week SS15 has just ended. I saw so many photos of stunning outfits and the events that took place. But it was the make-up that really caught my attention. In fact it was the beautiful glossy looking highlighting that was used on the models by the likes of Lisa Eldridge for Temperley.

Unfortunately, I cannot use any images from London Fashion Week as they are not allowed to be reused. You can however see them if you use good ole Google!

The focus was on creating a glossy glowing effect to the skin with minimal make-up elsewhere. This was not achieved with one product and definitely not with a powdered product. I doubt very much if the products used were affordable either.

So, I had a brainwave of how to recreate this on a budget but giving very similar results. I have to say, I am loving the results! Here's what I used...

Original Vaseline and MAC pigment in White.

Here are my reasons for choosing these two products; Vaseline on it's own may work for those of you that like a very subtle highlight to your face and the MAC pigment will give a well pigmented highlight but it won't be glossy. So, I decided to mix the two thus giving a pigmented, long lasting glossy effect to wherever a highlight is required.

 The products mixed together.

To get this look, firstly apply the Vaseline to the back of your hand and rub it in slightly in circular motions. Then take a tiny bit of the pigment onto your finger tip and rub that in with the Vaseline, again in circular motions.


When you achieve your desired consistency, take a flat make-up brush (like the one pictured) and pick up some of the product. Simply apply to your face wherever you'd like the highlight. For me it's above the cheekbones and on the temples. Also a tiny bit on the Cupid's bow and onto the nose.


And that's it! Affordable and simple. Of course, if you don't own M.A.C pigment in white you can use any light pigment or even a light eyeshadow or powdered highlight. Mixing it with the Vaseline will give you a more natural and dewy highlight and it will last all day, unlike a powder alone. Also, Vaseline is non-comedogenic so it will not clog pores and it traps in moisture, so besides looking dewy, your skin should become more dewy too!

I really hope you like my D.I.Y London Fashion Week inspired look. I am always happy to pass on tips to you guys and especially affordable ones because there are so many products out there and they can cost a heck of a lot. The products I used here are multi-purpose also. Vaseline has so many uses as do M.A.C pigments. I will definitely be using this method when I highlight from now on.


You can get Vaseline from all good chemists but I got mine from poundland! ;-)

M.A.C pigments are available from M.A.C Cosmetics

Are you going to try this?

Please let me know if you do and send me your pics!


 Let me know what products you will be using.


Please leave me a comment down below and let me know. I love hearing from you.


Thanks so much for stopping by.






No comments:

Post a Comment