}

Monday 4 August 2014

July Favourites...


Hello and welcome back to my blog.

So, another month has gone by and we're into our last month of summer. Soon it will be Autumn *jumps for joy* I don't know about you guys but I have had enough of this heat now. Besides the sweltering days and nights, the infestation of moths and flies in the house, not being able to sleep at night and having sweat drip from every orifice on my body after being in the car for 5 minutes...there are some things I enjoyed during the month of July. So let's get to it.

Imperial Leather - Rose Garden Rejuvinating Hand Wash £2.

I am that person that stands in the aisles, sniffing everything before I buy it. Fabric softeners, deodorants, washing up liquid and hand wash. When I saw this new range of Imperial Leather of hand washes in Tesco last month, of course I had a sniff of all of them. When I unscrewed this one, I was taken aback by it's likeness to my all time favourite perfume, Chloe. I kid ye not, this smells just like Chloe. The clue is in the title, rose petals and elderflower. I find myself drawn to anything with a rose base in that's why I love this sooooo much. I just wish they did a shower cream of it *Writes to Cussons*

This is available here from Tesco

UFIT High Protein Nutrition Drink £2

I have been buying these UFIT protein drinks for weeks, well ever since they were reduced to £1 from £2. In fact I bought enough to fill the bottom shelf in my fridge as they are tasty, nutritional, great for on the go and most importantly...high in protein. I think these are great value at £1 but I'm not sure I will buy them as often at £2. There are two flavours : Chocolate and strawberry. I bought both (no sniffing prior to purchasing with these!) 

Available here from Tesco

The Body Shop - Instablur primer £14

I am not normally one for using a face primer. But, I read a review on this and thought I'd give it a go. So, whilst in The Body Shop (naturally doing lots of sniffing!) I decided to plop this into my basket. £14 is way more than I would want to spend on a primer but I had a 'spend £25 and save £10' voucher so I got it.

I really like it, I am enjoying using this. It gives a nice smoothing effect to your skin thus creating the perfect base for applying foundation on and extending the longevity of your make-up. This clear face perfector contains marula oil and has no scent which gets a bonus thumbs up from me. 

Available here from The Body Shop

The Body Shop - Absinthe Hand Cream £11.

I love The Body Shop hand creams. I have the almond one and the hemp one so I had no intention of buying another just yet. But whilst making a few purchases last month, this absinthe hand cream was thrown into my bag as a freebie for 'Love Your Body' card holders that day. So on top of my discount voucher and love your body discount, I got a freebie. An £11 freebie! Oh how I love The Body Shop.

The difference with this hand cream is it has a refreshing scent which conceals odour whilst moisturising. My hands feel so clean and fresh after using this and i love the scent!

Available here from The Body Shop

Clinique Chubby Sticks - 07 Super Strawberry and 06 Woppin' watermelon (free with glamour magazine)

I have wanted to try the Clinique Chubby Sticks for a long time but at £17 each, I have always refrained. So, when Glamour magazine had various Clinique products free in their July edition, I bought two copies so I could get two chubby sticks. These are not as big as the full size ones but I envisage them lasting a long while anyway. I got Super strawberry which is a lovely reddy pink. I also got Woppin' Watermelon (so glad it's not called Woppin Watermelons!) which is a slightly less pigmented light pink. They are both lovely and moisturising, really easy to apply and really do last. I think Super strawberry will be getting a good amount of use during the Autumn months too :-)

The full size Chubby Sticks are available from Clinique or Boots and Debenhams.

Dove - Pure Care Dry Oil for hair £9.99

After reading that Mark Townsend (The Olsen's hair stylist) uses this Dove oil on their hair, I really wanted to pick some up. Dove is a brand I have used for years and it's longevity as a brand speaks for itself but I didn't expect this to be THAT GOOD. I was wrong. This oil is amazing. It contains African Macadamia oil and leaves my hair so soft and smelling absolutely divine. I feel like I've been well and truly pampered every time I use it. I apply it to wet or damp hair and comb it through and it doesn't give your hair even a hint of greasiness just soft, lovely smelling hair. I will definitely be repurchasing this. Its the bomb.com.

This is currently on offer for £6.66 from Boots

So, there you have it. The things I have been loving in the month of July.

What have you been loving in July?

Have you tried any of my favourites here?

Please leave a comment below and let me know, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment