}

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Three Series : Summer Lipsticks


Hello and welcome back to my blog. As I write this, it is 'National Lipstick Day' and what better time to present to you my top three summer lipsticks.

I have chosen a peachy nude, a pinky nude and a bright orange.

L-R : Bourjois Rouge Edition '03 Peche Cosy', Seventeen Mirror Shine 'Beehive' and Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm 'Audacious'.

              


Bourjois Rouge Edition in 03 Peche Cosy £7.99

Peach shades are so pretty during the summer months. They look gorgeous with a tan and also suit pale skintones. Wearing a peach toned lipstick is also great for daytime wear or for those who don't want to brave a bold lip (coming up later!)

Named 'Peche Cosy' which translates as cosy peach (I think!) is a perfect peachy nude. Creamy in texture and not too pigmented, it gives your lips a slick of colour whilst providing moisturisation. Love this!

N.b This is peachier than it looks in the photo above. The camera isn't quite showing it's true colour! :-/

You can buy this here from Boots

Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive £4.79.

This is the most recent lipstick I have purchased. I wanted a glossy nude that wasn't a brown nude. And I found it! This 'mirror shine' range from Seventeen have set their focus on the finish, i.e glossy. The finish is shiny, the formula is moisturising and the colour is definitely there but it's not too pigmented - which I love. There is also a little drop down mirror included inside the lid, good eh!? 

This is perfect if you like to play up your eyes and keep your lips simple. It's also great for complimenting a lovely healthy sun kissed face aka the natural look.

Again, the finish in reality is slightly more glossy looking than the photo shows.

You can buy this here from Boots

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Audacious £7.99

I have saved the best for last, well in my humble opinion anyway. Audacious is a vibrant matte orange shade but, it has a unique formula which provides a matte finish whilst managing to moisturise at the same time. Enriched with lip loving ingredients and available in a wide array of shades, it's not hard to see why these lip crayons are so popular.

If you know me, you will know I love lip crayons and have quite a collection *ahem* I'd say this one is my favourite. I reach for this on pretty much a daily basis. I also love that it is retractable, so no sharpener is required :-)

 Orange lips are such a huge trend for spring/summer 2014 and there is a shade for everyone. I urge you to try this one out if you're looking for a bold lip this summer.

You can buy this here from Boots

What are your favourite shades to wear during the summer?

Have you tried any of these?

As always, thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment below and let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment