}

Sunday 29 June 2014

Three Series : Eye Brighteners Under £5

Hello lovelies and welcome back. I hope you're all well.

 So, you will know that I am still fairly new to blogging and I have been going over ideas of what to include on my blog on a regular basis. I have come up with the idea of running a series called 'Three Series'. This will be my favourite three...whatever it may be. It will run every single week. I think this will be a great way to talk about favourite things and it will help me keep to a minimum of three items!

Lets kick off this new series then with eye brighteners. I have selected three items (obviously) that are all readily available in the U.K and cost less than £5 each.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer £5.49 7ml.

Okay, okay this one is just over £5 but it wasn't when I bought it. Promise! You forgive me, right?

When wishing to brighten your eye area, you're going to want to start with your base. A.K.A concealer. I apply my foundation first then apply some wake me up concealer to the under eye area. The application is easy. Simply sweep some of the product under your eyes using the doe foot applicator then blend with your ring finger or a concealer brush.



You are also going to want to choose a lighter shade to your foundation to brighten the eye area and make your eyes stand out. This product is light coverage and focuses mostly on illuminating and brightening. If you have dark under eye circles or any other discolouration, you may want to try a different concealer.

What I love about the wake me up concealer is; it is lightweight, brightening and it doesn't crease. It is also contains a vitamin enriched moisture complex with peptides.

You can buy Wake Me Up Concealer from Rimmel, Boots or from Superdrug (where I got mine).

Makeup Revolution Mono Shadow in 'Finally' £1.

I have used countless powders and pencils over the years to brighten my inner corner/tear duct area. I have so many favourites but I thought I'd share with you a gorgeous shadow that will work on all skin tones and costs just £1! 

I'm talking about Makeup Revolution's mono shadow in 'Finally'. I did a blogpost on this shadow and lots of other Makeup Revolution products the other week and I have continued to really enjoy using this one. 

 Firstly, this mono shadow is really similar to a few of my MAC pigments and shadows so I am loving that! Secondly, this stuff lasts, I mean until you take it off and there is no fading or creasing. For £1, I had to include this in this favourites!

Apply your eyeshadow as you would (or go without) then apply this to your inner corners to give your eyes depth whilst brightening them up. 

'Illuminate' from Makeup Revolution is also another gorgeous mono shadow/brightening shade.

You can buy this from Makeup Revolution or from superdrug

Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Eyeliner in 005 Nude £3.99

No bright eye is complete without a nude (or white) eyeliner. Apply this to your waterline (inside your eye). Besides eradicating any red your waterline may have, applying a nude/flesh toned liner to your waterline will make your eyes appear larger and look more awake and fresh. Applying a black liner will have the opposite effect, making your eyes appear smaller!

I find a nude shade more natural looking than a white liner, but you can use whatever works for you.

This one from Rimmel is creamy, pigmented and waterproof, exactly what you need for your waterline.

 If you have tired eyes, small eyes or your peepers have simply lost their sparkle, make a nude/white liner your new best pal! 

Psssttt...this is also a dupe for Nars 'Rue Bonaparte' (The best high end selling nude liner) ;-)

You can buy the Scandaleyes nude liner from Rimmel, Boots or from superdrug

Here is how they look together...



Have you tried any of the products mentioned?

What are your favourite eye brightening products?

Please leave a comment and let me know.

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment