}

Monday 7 July 2014

Three Series : Face Brushes




Hello and welcome to the second instalment of the 'Three Series'. This time I have chosen my most used make-up brushes - for the face.




L-R : Mac 168 , Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and Real Techniques Blush Brush.

This delightful trio are my ''chosen ones'' The three brushes I would pick if I could only own three face brushes *gasps* 

MAC 168 Large Angled Contour brush £27.

I have had this brush for approximately five years and it's still going strong! I use this for contouring my cheekbones and blending bronzer into the temples and hairline. This brush is the perfect size and shape for contouring. The soft bristles are not densely packed so you can build up the colour gradually and blend it all really easily too. This has washed so well and has lost about 2 hairs over the five years!
Available from Mac Cosmetics


Real Techniques Expert Face Brush £9.99.

This is one of my newer brushes. I purchased this from Ulta in Los Angeles but Real Techniques brushes are available from Boots ,  superdrug and Real Techniques to name a few.

I use this to buff in liquid foundation and love the results it gives. The densely packed soft bristles make applying foundation so easy. It also can double up as a stippling brush. You can stipple your foundation on and then blend it in. This has washed so well and hasn't shed at all. 


Real Techniques Blush Brush £9.99

This is another Real Techniques brush that I bought whilst in Los Angeles. I wanted a new brush for applying powder blush that wasn't too dense or too wide, et voila! This brush is perfect. It is slightly tapered at the tip and very soft so blush can be applied with precision whilst allowing the colour to be built up gradually and not packed on too heavily! There have been no problems with shedding or washing either.
Again, this is available from Boots , superdrug and Real Techniques


What are your must have face brushes?

Have you tried of these brushes?

Please leave a comment and let me know.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment